SPX-GC installation steps
Installation of the pre-built binary version of SPX-GC follows these steps
- Fix install issues (Mac and Linux only)
- First run
If you are interested in running the source code, please see the Github source code repository. This is only recommended for developers who are comfortable with NodeJS technology, npm registry, and git repositories.
Uncompress the zip file to the folder where you want to run the SPX-GC application.
Fix installation issues (Mac and Linux only)
Please note: these issues were fixed in SPX-GC v.1.0.12 (Apr 2021) but instructions are still valid for earlier versions.
- Make the file executable. In some instances, the Linux and Mac operating systems may not treat the file as "a program" which prevents execution entirely. See KB article How to make a file executable
- Use installation directory. This is a Mac-specific issue that causes files to generate to users' home-directory and not the "current" directory. See KB article Files generated to a wrong folder on a Mac
There are couple of installation issues on Linux and Mac operating systems which needs to be fixed manually.
- Open a command line (aka prompt, terminal, console...)
- Navigate to the folder where the zip was extracted to with cd <path> command
- Issue a command sudo chmod +x ./SPX-GC_linux64 to add executable permission to the file
During the first run, the application will generate a config.json file with default values and it will also generate folders LOG and DATAROOT to the installation directory. When SPX-GC url is opened in a browser it asks for the password policy.
All global configurations are stored in the config.json file and can be modified with a text editor or from within the SPX-GC > Configuration view.
Please note: the application needs to be restarted whenever changes are done to configuration. If config.json is removed, the application will generate it again with default values at the next start.
Now the application is ready to be used. More more information see other articles in this Knowledge base.